Sunday, July 12, 2009

Water Man

Good and educational weekend. Yesterday, got up early and put in a ride finally. I had inteded to do a 56 miler out at the loop; things became much more realistic as I set out though. About 45 minutes in, I started feeling a pretty raging ache and burning in my right lower back. It became unbearable soon enough, and I had to cut the ride short at a measley 32 miles. Legs also feel pretty shot. This is expected, even three weeks out from the Ironman.

Today, took a break and put in some good family time by going out to Water Works at Kings Dominion with the kids. I tell ya, climbing up and down those playgrounds makes training for the Ironman look easy! Kids loved it though and we all survived without incident. Except for another toenail. Yep, another one came off today making the official count 3. No manicures for me anytime soon.

The tat seems to be healing well, but still not ready for primetime swimming. Diet slipped a little last night with fondue, but looks like my body is adjusting well. Down to 145 this morning.

Three more weeks to go till race time!

No comments:

Post a Comment