Monday, July 27, 2009

Stalked


I had just about forgotten about my blog until I realized today that people are indeed still reading it. So, I will keep typing along, spewing my adventure in self destruction for the web to analyze.

Training has been going great since starting back up. It seems Im even a bit stronger, both physically and mentally now. Im routinely dialing it up to 9 - 9.5mph for my run intervals, and my trotting along pace is 6.5mph. Bike is solid too. Swim stroke too a while to oil out, but feeling good a loose again. Only hard thing has been convincing myself its fun to ride a 6 mile loop ten times over and over on the weekends. Really need to branch some.

This is a crazy week for me. CRAZY. I got to be up in 5 hours to drive to Baltimore. Conference all day. Drive back. Go to work for a day. Then hop a plane to Kansas City for a recruitment conference. Back in three days. Straight from the airport, need to pick up my gear, and drive an hour to a hotel, sleep a few hours, then race the next day. At the same time, somewhere I need to fit in a 10 mile run, finish my clinic's website, wine and dine clients, and get a replacement part for my cycling computer.

At least though this week ends with racing. Cant wait to get back in the game. Hopefully the weather will hold out this year. As Im a week out here is the race 411. 750m open water swim in a lake. Wetsuit legal this year. Followed up by a rolling 16 mile bike. Top it off with a rolling 5k run. Last year I came in last for my age group; so improvement will be easy! I had originally hoped to make it into the top 5 for my group, but with it taking a bit longer to get up to speed and my weight still hovering around 148, I'll be happy in top 50%. But nevertheless, going to grit my teeth and make some pain for an hour.

With some effort, well timed sleep, and a bottle of Jack, I just may survive this.

No comments:

Post a Comment